Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why do I keep seeing or hearing things that arent there?

I’m currently 15 and since I was a little kid I would often see or hear stuff that weren’t actually there, for example everytime I would go on a bus as a child to go to school I would hear my dad scream my name even though he wasn’t actually there and I would often see random “people” around my house and when I would tell my parents about it they just thought I was imagining it, I’m not sure if this counts but when I was 8 I was in the hospital with my mom and there was this random kid prank show on the tv there I think and I became really really paranoid and I thought I was on it,I started getting really weirded out and I got annoyed at my mom and started accusing her of lying to me and I was freaked out because I literally convinced myself that I was the next prank victim on some random kid show (which I obviously wasn’t) my mom was weirded out but she just forgot about it and I eventually calmed down. Flash forward to now and I still experience it, a couple months ago I was home alone and I was just talking to my friends and I kept hearing people running down the stairs and talking and stuff dropping on the floor even though I was the only one home I became really paranoid and called my dad and sister while freaking out because I thought someone broke into my house or something which doesn’t even make sense but my dad came home and there was no damage in the house and no one was there other than me, my friends teased me about it but i don’t know why this happens to me 

• Alfred

well, sonny, as you're young enough to be my son...

it sounds to me it's high time for you to get the professional help of a psychiatrist, in real life, in your area, someone skilled in treating people of your age, with no further delay.

until/ unless proven otherwise - the '' people'' you see and the voices you hear while no one is around might simply be symptoms/ harbingers of a mental disorder/ thought disorder serious enough to timely and professionally be treated rather  than neglected...yes

Time to seek out therapy.  This may be something chemical happening in your brain and that can be controlled with medication.  Its important to bring this up with a medical professional and your parents because you need to be able to lead a normal life without all those interruptions.  

you need to go see a psychiatrist, schizophrenia can do that. you might need meds for it