I scratched my traces on my pc and don’t know how bad it is?

So i was installing a 5600 xt in my pc but it wouldn’t click into the slot. I was sliding the gpu around the mobo to get it to fit but there an elevation in my case keeping it from going into the slot. So I pressed it down with my whole weight before realizing my pc wont cut on at all. I may need a new mobo right?

• Lex

Well, if it doesn't post or doesn't have sound then you probably broke it. Unfortunately, there's no fix for it.

On the plus side, you didn't break the most expensive part of your computer. Just the part that is literally the most difficult part to install. And your warranty is all void.

You can buy a new motherboard and replace it, but if you do that, for the love of God, please, please, please do not put your whole weight on things! There is no reason you have to put your whole weight on anything.

Yeow….. that's not good. Scratched traces will void the warranty. If you want to, you can use a multimeter to measure resistance. 

Well about all you can do is test it, run the rounds with programs and see if it works. There will be no harm in doing that. If something like the sound won't work, then you can try adding a soundcard. Some of those traces connect to the integrated audio.

Yeah, you may need a new motherboard. Considering cost and labor, it would be cheaper to get a new motherboard and install it yourself. Depending on what CPU, RAM, and the cost of a replacement motherboard, it may be cheaper sell off your current CPU and RAM and jump to a new platform. 

take it to a computer store and get it fixed