Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How should I break up with my bf?

My boyfriend and I are both about to be seniors in high school and have been dating for almost a year. He’s always been kind of toxic in one way or another and lately he hasn’t really been showing much affection. This really upsets me because he used to show me a ton of love and affection and he knows I get insecure and need a lot of reassurance. He’s also been taking hours to reply to my messages and doesn’t really ever try to make plans with me anymore. I’m always the one that asks to hang out or do something. He knows I’m sensitive, but he always get mad over really dumb things and he never shows an interest in anything I’m passionate about. Most of the people I know don’t like him and don’t think we should be together but I don’t know how to break up with him. We have broken up a couple times in the past (only for like a day) because of problems we had, but I don’t know how to break up with him for good. Last time I broke up with him he started cutting himself and he was so incredibly sad and I just couldn’t stick with it because I still loved him and couldn’t bear to see him like that. I have no idea how I’m gonna be able to break up with him and stick with it for good. Because even though I know I need to break up with him, I’m also still very attached to him and I know it will kill me inside to leave him. I don’t know how I will be able to go through with it. Please help

Do it gently, do it nicely, do it in person, and do it soon. That's how. 

say all of the things you said here to him. and then tell his mom that he cuts himself so she can contact the proper authorities to get him help