Would you say the Catcher in the Rye's Holden Caulfield has cognitive dissonance?

Hi, all. It has been a while since I've read the novel The Catcher in the Rye, and this needs asking.

Would you say the Catcher in the Rye's Holden Caulfield has cognitive dissonance? Because I've had some friends express that towards me lately, cognitive dissonance.

Yes he certainly does, but not really any more or less than most other adolescents who's cerebral cortex has not yet fully developed. But really most of the population of the planet has cognitive dissonance to one degree or another. Just look at Trump supporters as an example. 

No more than any other cynical teenager who's still trying to figure out their place in the world.

Please note: displaying characteristics in yourself that you despise in others isn't necessarily cognitive dissonance.  It could just be hypocrisy.

i would hope not

Sure, especially in his attitude about phonies and about his sister, Phoebe.