East asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Violated condo rules but staff was super-nice: anything to do other than apologize and thank them for being so gracious?

Today I invited some friends over to have a drink on my condominium building’s roof deck. It’s a large high rise building.

As soon as we sat down, a building employee came out to us, took me aside, apologized and said that nonresidents weren’t allowed.

I apologized to him and to my friends and we immediately left. We went to a neighborhood place, got takeout and ate in a park. It was fine.

When I got home the building staff apologized to me. I told them that I was the one at fault and told them that I should have checked and that I apologized for the inconvenience to them. I thanked them for letting me know of the rule and for being so gracious.

Anything more to do here? I want to be the staff’s favorite resident, as the staff here is wonderful. I like them and love the building.

Thanks.

You have apologized for your misstep and no harm has come as a result of what happened.  Continue to live your life.  No need for further apologies.

Gifts are nice to receive

If I were you, I'd wait until Christmas (it will come soon!) and make a nice assortment of goodies for them.  Give it to them early, so they're not already on food overload.  Everyone loves this, and you could include a small thank you note telling them how much you appreciate them.

if you already apologized i wouldnt worry about it