Is it unethical for a transgender to not tell their significant other that they have a penis or a neovagina?

No because they are women science 

Their partner, in those cases, does not appear to be very "significant".

• Sky

As ethics have to do with what is right and wrong (similar to morals), since I am a person who believes in honesty in relationships I believe it would be the ethical and right thing to do to tell a date or significant other about oneself being transgender.  I can't say it would be specifically unethical and wrong to not tell someone, especially on the first date, but it would be dishonest to withhold that information because based on the gender presented by the trans person's appearance (whether male or female) their date/SO is going to make an assumption about that person's physical sex.  So, it's best to clear up that misconception as early as possible.  [The same goes whether the individual is FtM or MtF trans.]

But there are also a couple other factors.  First, the date/SO may have an attraction and desire for a mate who is cisgender and has working reproductive organs of the sex they perceive the person to be.  Even if their SO is completely accepting of transgender people, he/she may simply have the preference for someone who is cisgender, maybe even with the desire of reproducing with that person.  It would be better to be honest from the start so they can part ways and each find someone that is more in line with their desires.

Second is a matter of personal safety for the trans person.  There are FAR to many men who become violent, even murderous, when they find out the girl they were attracted to is transgender and currently has or formerly had a penis.  Just a couple weeks ago I read about a guy who found out his date was trans when she came out to him, so he left, came back with a gun, and brutally murdered her.  Since then there have been two other articles in the news of heterosexual men who were so limp-dicked and insecure in their sexuality that they murdered trans women.  I even used to work with a guy who once said that if he started dating a woman and found out she was trans, he would completely beat the sh!t out of her.  That's why it's so important for a trans woman to be honest right from the start so that if some noodledick is too insecure with his masculinity to even start to be attracted to a trans woman, he has the chance to show his bigotry and she can safely get away from him before he feels she somehow threatened his sexuality and "turned him gay" (as such a bigot would no doubt feel).  I don't recall reading of such violence towards trans men when a woman who was interested in him found out he's trans, but all the same it's best to be honest about something like that from the start since the main point of meeting, falling in love, and starting a relationship with a person is romance, intimacy, sexual pleasure, and for some, eventually having kids together (that last one not so much for those who are content to adopt).

This kind of misses the point.  The real point is, how come they don't know if they're truly intimate? How did they get to be emotionally close enough to have genital sex without the issue of their lives generally coming out?  My partner told me about their genitals the first time we had sex, three days into our relationship.

• Koi

It would be grounds for annulment. It's deeply unethical and SICK not to tell people that you're actually a transgender. 

How about a heart condition or maybe hemorrhoids how about a history of incest. 

Who decides what secrets may be held as a secret?

Your massive insecurity is showing.

By the time the relationship got to the stage of "significant other" such revelations would have been made already. 

I would think THAT would be grounds for a divorce/annulment ...........

• Brian

A true Relationship is built on trust and being open with each other.