Katelynn asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

I think I did a stupid thing?

I did something really stupid. I wear colored contacts sometimes for fun and one night I took them out and I didn’t have any solution so I put them in water. I got some solution the next day put them in some solution rinsed them with eye drops then put them in my eyes. I took them out within 20-30 minutes cause they were uncomfortable and I just continually put eye drops in my eyes but it was kind of stinging and I feel like I’m either going to get an eye infection or lose my vision because I spent too much time googling what would happen and I saw somewhere to see a dr so before I make a dr appointment for no reason I would just like to know if you have any advice for me. Thanks

You probably ruined the lenses by putting them in water. They're hydrophilic, meaning they absorb water AND anything that's in it such as minerals. That could mean there was crap stuck on them which scratched your corneas the next time you wore them. Toss the lenses and give it 2-3 days to see if your eyes feel better. The eye is the fastest healing tissue in the human body, so if it's just corneal irritation, you should know in a couple of days.