Anonymous

Am I wrong for being uncomfortable with this? ?

This guy I’ve known for a year we want to try being together in a relationship once he gets done trying to get custody of his daughter. 

He told me he was going to Nebraska for a few days to hang out with an ex from many years ago and her family. 

He told me before he left 

“I’m leaving now but I want you to remember I’m not going to do anything bad because I like you too much to mess up. You are too special to me plus my religion I’m not going go do anything” 

But I don’t believe that because this girl has been blowing this phone up for the last few days.  He gets very private about his phone. 

She called him and he walked to the other room to talk for a few mins. 

He says they’re just good friends

Am I wrong for not being ok with this? 

I’m not friends with any of my ex’s. 

Doesn't actually sound like you and this guy are dating so it's not like he owes you exclusivity if you're not even yet monogamous. But if it bothers you that he's going to see someone else just don't proceed to being together. If you don't trust him he's not the right one for you. 

• Alan H

The simple reality, and all that is relevant in your post, is that you do not fully trust him. If you cannot deal with that it is better to move on.

You are not wrong. If he's being sneaky with his phone calls with her he probably did something with her when he was visiting her.  After all they were attracted to her once before.  I would have been upset from the start.  He shouldn't be visiting to see exes if he's with you.  I would keep my distance from him.  Definitely not start a relationship.

• Rick

It's his ex and they have a history, including a sexual history, so you might have a reason to be concerned.  However, there's not much you can do but trust him and hope for the best.