Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 3 months ago

Why does my laptop say it has low storage when I had deleted many files and programs?

my laptop is a Lenovo from 2018 or 2017 and maybe an ideapad, its shaped like a laptop not tablet. I deleted almost everything and its still showing low memory and as if no space was freed up. Why?

'Storage' refers to disc drive space, whereas 'memory' refers to the PC's internal memory. Removing programs frees up storage space, but not memory. If you want more memory, you will need to buy and install it.

First of all, is it low storage or low memory? If it's storage, did you uninstall programs or delete them? Have you cleaned out the recycle bin?  That's where deleted items go when removed, it needs emptying if you're sure you won't want them back again.  Next, the items you removed may not have been as big as you seem to think they were.  You need to see what is left on your drive.

Did you empty the recycle bin?  This actually holds a lot of information until it's 'emptied.' 

This enclosed link may help you some.