Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Do you think my boyfriend knows he’s not the dad?

I was 6 weeks pregnant when I met my current boyfriend. Gave birth approximately 7 months after meeting him. My son is now 3 months old. Not once has my boyfriend ever mentioned the possibility of him not being the dad. He never said anything about me giving birth 2 months premature. It just makes me wonder if he’s deliberately avoiding the topic. Like maybe he knows and just doesn’t want me to confirm it? What do you think?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • arther
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

don't ever celebrate the anniversary you met him on. 

• alan P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you met your boyfriend did you have sex without any contraception straight away?  Why didn't you tell him before you had sex that you were already pregnant?  You had a more or less full term baby only 7 months after meeting him.  You've got to talk to him.  Does he treat the child like his own or is he not bothered?

• Ya-Hoo
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Jeez posts like this make me wanna get a paternity test even with the most trustful woman.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you were already 6 weeks pregnant when you first met your current boyfriend, of course he knows he's not the father of your child. How could he be?  You don't have to "confirm" it to him - he already knows, and he also knows that the child wasn't born 2 months prematurely. 

Maybe the reason he's never said anything about it is because he  flat doesn't care about you or the child,  and he has no intention of ever being a part of the child's life. After all, he's just your boyfriend; he's not the child's father and he has absolutely no commitment to you or to your child. .  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It might be because he loves you. and accepts your child. He has stepped up to being the dad.

• 1 month ago

tell him he is gonna learn in the end,might get violent if you hide it for years, i know i would 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Unless he's stupid AF, he knows.  Doesn't take much to figure that the numbers don't add up.  Either he loves you and the baby too much or he just doesn't want to say anything.  

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Assuming he's not stupid he presumably knows he's not your baby's father.

We don't know, not having met him, if he's not stupid.

You could always use your words and talk about it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He's either very stupid - or a fool for not setting the record straight before it's too late.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have a very, very, very weird relationship if you haven't talked about this, if you don't know for sure he knows he's not the dad because you yourself have never openly discussed the matter with him, have never even said in passing anything about whether or not you're going to tell the actual father or whether the child is going to know his or her father or whether the father will have visitation or pay child support or even when born and it came time to list the father's name on the birth certificate or any of a million different things that would make it 100% clear to you that he is 100% clear that he's not the father.

In fact, it's so, so, so, so weird, I don't believe you. It's implausible. Maybe it would've been plausible 50 or 75 years ago. Not today. Too many forms. Too much legal formality.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.