why are young people now so inconsiderate, brainless and stupid?

i observe young people now and i don't like what i see or hear, many of them are brainless, inconsiderate stupid yobs....including the young tenants in my apartment block who are presently being noisy and rowdy, with loud music disturbance.....i am going through complaints at the moment with the housing management......but i hate these young people, i hate their presence.

any idea on how you tolerate them being around you? i have no way to escape or get away from them.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The entitled generation, says it all. *sighs*

• 4 weeks ago

You need to realize that this kind of behavior with younger people hasn't changed for thousands of years. Sooner or later either you move or they do. A few of them do something stupid and maybe one gets shot and the other goes to prison. It never really goes away. And in time, it all just shifts around and people start getting older. Some mellow out and others don't and never will. Some get a better job and can move away to maybe a quiet neighborhood. But in just a few years the next generation starts picking it all up again and they are even worse. You have to bide your time. Wear ear plugs when there is need. You avoid eye contact when you should. When you turn the corner and there are about 3 or 4 guys standing there staring at you, don't even pay them any mind. Instead of staring back at them look at your watch instead. You couldn't care less about what they are looking at. They only go after the ones who react to what they are doing. These idiots do nothing but stand around all freaking day long and try and intimidate everyone who drives down the street. I watch them do it all of the time. Just don't play their game. You have better things to direct your attention to. Such as living your life and knowing what to expect from the peanut gallery. And believe me they are very predictable.

• mom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

remember we where their age and people said the same thing about us

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Chances are you were the same at their age. We do tend to have less patience for frivolity as we age. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Permissive parents don't teach them how to behave:  too lazy or they want to be "friends" not parents.  Every generation in a family like that gets worse.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Both of their parents worked, leaving child to raise itself and teachers don't care.

• 1 month ago

Given you cannot control or change others, focus on changing your own perspective.  You are solely responsible for your thoughts, emotions and behavior, so shift your mindset so you are not left continually frustrated, angry and irritated by those around you.  Also, consider that your generalization does not apply to every person within a specific age group.  For all the people you see as being irresponsible, uncaring and selfish, there are equally as many who are responsible, caring and contributing to society.  Right now you are choosing hateful feelings and this is leaving you feeling miserable.  Why continue in this manner?  Ultimately, how you live your life comes down to you.  If you want a different outcome, make a different decision.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I told people many many times.  Not just stupid but socially awkward.  They socialize using whatsup and social media and not actually meeting the people they think they know.    The cause I can only think one: Mobile phones.    When they are in public, rather than talking to real people, young people talk to a person who is not around them (maybe someone in another city or maybe in another country, who knows?). 

I'm happy that I had a normal childhood.   I had like 3 friends and we used to bike around our homes.   It was a normal childhood when you actually going outdoor and socializing with real people.

• 1 month ago

Some butthead somewhere along the way has drummed into them that they have 'rights'. And this is where the problem lies. Teaching them about rights, but not educating them about WHEN to use those rights and when it's best not to act on them/stay quiet!! 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think theyre all like that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.