do the police no longer take action against noisy neighbours?

i live in a low rise block of flats and i'm having the problem at the moment of noisy young neighbours blasting out their music so it comes through my walls and disturbs my peace and sanctuary, i am a man in my forties and have lived here 15 years.......i have reported the noise to the housing management i'm with and they sent me diary sheets to record the noise and when it happens.....the housing officer also said he phoned the tenants and wrote to them about the noise.....but they are still being nuisances and blasting out their music with heavy bass.....its now a weekend and the housing offices are shut.

and they are playing their loud music right now and its 6:49pm in the evening here....i wondered is i phoned the police, could they do anything to stop the noise or would they just dismiss it?

i heard the police dont get involved with noise disturbances in the uk anymore.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They don’t react because it is at a reasonable hour, if it was late at night or early morning then it is consider a noise disturbance. Have you considered going over there and ASKING them to please turn it down a bit please because it’s causing problems. You know like an ADULT. Stop being a whiner and grow up. 

• 1 month ago

Keep making the record of the noise.  Landlords need an ongoing history of it to evict. When you have 3 weeks worth, then give the landlord a copy.  Keep the original yourself.  Keep calling the police.  They should be responding.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just like the council I am sure the local police hear from you all the time about all and anything.......... do what the council tell you write it down on the diary sheet they gave you...... IF they are still making noise " you can hear through your wall between  11pm to 7am then phone the police, otherwise, use your ear phones

• 1 month ago

Not sure about the UK.  In the USA the police will get involved but typically only if the noise is really late or early, typically after about 10 pm or before 8 am - though laws (and the specific hours) vary place to place.  You can always call the police and ask if they can do anything.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

So, you have "them" there as well. Sorry about your luck. sounds like hard cheese.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.