Worried about my cousin who's in an interracial relationship. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

I have a cousin who's a black male.

He's 28 and he's seeing a 36 year old divorced white woman who has a 14 year son. They met at this drive thru liquor store where she works, plus she does real estate (which is her main job)

They've been out on dates and eventually got serious. Occasionally, my cousin spends the night over her house (and vice versa), she cooks for him and everything. He takes her to work sometimes (when her car is down) and he gets along well with her teenage son.

Nothing is wrong with this relationship, but I worry about him because I feel he's taking a chance. What if their relationship sparks racial tension? What if the teenager's dad (her ex husband) does something violent to my cousin just because he's black and dating his ex wife?

I heard he was verbally abusive and an alcoholic.

not much you can do, that's his decision, you can be informed and tell him to contact you if anything goes wrong, let him know you're worried. 

It's fair to ask your cousin what he knows about the woman's ex just in case this guy does have a history of violence. But to just assume that because they're different races the sky's going to fall is pretty...well, racist if I'm being honest. I'd be more more concerned that she's a single parent with a car that breaks down often and is so bad at real estate that she's moonlighting at a liquor store. She sounds like a hot mess but that's owing to her lack of a decent career and her inability to get a reliable vehicle. 

Sidney Poitier was also a black man.  Would you have had the same reservations about HIM?  Or Barak Obama?  Or Martin Luther King?  There are risks in a sick society.  (black lives matter) The only way to improve that society is to take risks and gradually force society to change.

• RP

I'd be worried about the ex's alcohol dependence, not his race.

mind your damn business...