I want to become a firefighter in central Florida, what’re the hair regulations?

I’m set on becoming a firefighter in that area but currently have shoulder length dreads. I’ve gotten mixed answers searching for it and want to know if the hair regulations are more laxed in central Florida area where I would be able to keep them. Please only honest and informative answers.

• Bruce

Every department has their own grooming standards, which is probably why you are getting mixed answers. 

Your biggest concern with dreads is being able to securely attach your breathing apparatus. I suspect the dreads will prevent that and not be allowed. 

Ive never seen a black firefighter.  However I'm pretty sure you either have to be clean cut or if your dreads are allower then it has to be tied up to avoid catching fire