Is It True That The XBOX One X Hard Disk Drive Can Die?

I am asking this question because I have done a lot of research, and found people in forums posting that their XBOX HDD is dead, some point to Seagate and say that they make bad hard drives. So how true is it that my XBOX HDD can die, I have had it for 2.5 years, and it gets turned on multiple times a day, plus I game alot ?

Thanks!

All hard drives are susceptible to failure at some point. Mechanical hard drives will eventually wear out simply because of their moving parts.

How long it will actually last is hard to say, but a well-made drive will last many years unless it sees heavy use or abuse.

yes it is true, I never had any trouble with my one x hard disk drive, but my PS3 one was failing.

• Kyle

i've had my xbox one x since launch.  never had any issues with it.  but like others said, eventually it can die.  but everything is backed up in your account in the cloud.  so you can restore everything with a new drive or external one and sign back in.  a minor inconvenience, but you won't lose anything.  

if you turn your console on and off a lot, maybe switch it to instant on mode.  

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-networ...

Every hard drive will fail at some point.  Some may be 6 months, some maybe 20 years.

That's how things work on machines that have moving parts. 

Even SSDs can fail for one reason or another, without having moving parts.

• opurt

Yes. Any hard drive can die. There's nothing magical about the parts that Microsoft uses that makes them immune from wearing out. That's why things like your saves are backed up to the cloud and why things can be redownloaded.