Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

What is the way to deal with arrogant people?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You have to come at them with the same kind of arrogance. They wont listen to you unless you show them something that they recognize.

• 1 month ago

Try minimizing your interaction with them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on what kind of arrogance.   If you tried to ask a woman a date and she refused, it doesnt mean she is arrogant.   Just think she just missed a once in a lifetime opportunity and that her lost.   

If you keep hearing a friend keep boasting about their job, well, just think they are insecure and need a validation from you.   You should feel "pity" for the insecure guy.

If a friend is ignoring you when you see the person in public,  well then the person is not your friend.   I have met many people like this.   And they are just people with a bad attitude.  stay away. 

• April
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Just ignore them and try to minimize contact. Don't get into conversation with them or they'll think you're interested and will try to change your mind. 

By this, you'll show emotional independence.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Ignore them.  They only push your buttons to get attention............walk away.

• 1 month ago

It's like some people refer to eccentricity and others call the same thing madness. I have seen people who do nothing and resent anyone who gets off their butts. Is this your version of 'arrogant'?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Burp when you pass by them in the hallway and pretend like it wasn’t towards them...hah

• 1 month ago

Keep any interaction with them to a minimum and at surface level only.  Why put emotional energy into someone who may leave you feeling frustrated, angry, defensive and/or sad?  If you are in a customer service setting, keep your professionalism and work swiftly and assertively to finish the transaction as soon as you can.  If you are in a social setting, engage briefly if absolutely necessary and then put your focus elsewhere.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don’t , that’s what I pay the butler for.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.