Would anybody agree that eighties music was by far the best?

Any song from the eighties is super catchy and great to listen to, I bet people in the eighties were thinking music is only going to get better in the future, boy were they wrong, it just kept getting worse and worse and worse and worse, sad to say. 

• Jim

I agree.  Music went way downhill after the 80's and has never recovered.

I like a lot of the music that came out in the 80s... imo it’s the 2nd best decade for music right behind the 70s.  I think music went downhill at the start of the millennium 

• Petter

80's is full of good music and probably my favorite decade for music, but I still wouldn't call it "by far the best". They are still making great music, imho.

The Midnight - Sunset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A1_atkAQhY

Youtube thumbnail

Oh, absolutely. The very best.😀

No, a lot - but not all - of my favorite music is from the past 20 years.

If you share with me some of your favorite artists/songs, I bet I could name some artists/songs from recent years that you would like so long as you keep an open mind.

• Chad

No....................

It depends on what you like, I love 80s music but it’s too techno for me to say it’s the best, I prefer late 60s and 70s music as the best especially for rock 

"catchy" music is not always the best music. The song Sugar Sugar was catchy but critics hated it. Music made for commercials are catchy and that is why many the music of some bands are called "commercial," which is a derogatory term that describes music composed for appeal to most people.