Thoughts on my reading choices?

I've read Moby ****, Frankenstein, 1984, Animal Farm, The Stranger, Brothers Karamazov, Notes from Underground, and I am currently reading a few books by Charles Bukowski.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • If you've read The Brothers Karamazov, Notes from Underground and 1984, I would recommend Jude the Obscure. It's one of the bleakest works I've ever read.

• Phil
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Bukowski is over rated.

I recommend Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger

• 4 weeks ago

If you like Bukowski and Dostoevsky, you will like Osamu Dazai's No Longer Human. 

• 4 weeks ago

I don't have an answer , but you can answer a question for me . 1984 is incredible to me. Is Animal Farm as good, in both meaning and being interesting? 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Nicely done. Have you read Farenhiet 451 or Brave New World?

• Zac Z
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't care one way or another.

• Lomax
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

That depends. If you're reading them just so that you can brag about your reading choices on a site like this, then you're a complete Moby.

• 1 month ago

Thoughts? Why? Why do you need "thoughts" from strangers?

However, since you ask, I suggest weaving a few lighter novels in among what looks like rather heavy, if worthwhile, fare.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.