Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 month ago

If I have to quarantine when I arrive into the UK, what exactly does the quarantine entail?

Do I have to stay indoors for 14 days? I mean can't I even go out to the shops nearby during this time?

Please give me the details of what I can expect once I fly into the UK.

There is no point in Quarantine if your going to go out and infect people by going to the shops.

Quarantine mean you completely isolate your self from other Humans for the period of fourteen days.

Akin to being in solitary confinement while under house arrest for committing no crime, and having no trial.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

Self-isolation means staying indoors and completely avoiding contact with other people. This includes other people in your household, as much as possible.

As you do not say which country you are coming from cannot answer.

You have to stay  in for 14 days and you have to fill out a on-line form staying where you're going to stay for the 14 days.

• Maxi

Yes that is correct you must stay indoors for 14 days and no you can't go shopping, you would have to do online shopping and get it delivered to your door

Before your arrival in the UK, you must complete a passenger locator form. You must present these details on your arrival in England. This applies to both visitors and UK residents.

At present, passengers arriving in the UK by plane, ferry or train - including UK nationals - are asked to provide an address where they will self-isolate for 14 days. Travellers can be fined £100 for failing to fill in a form with these details.One in five eligible passengers will be called or texted to check they are following the rules. Those in England could be fined up to £1,000 if they fail to self-isolate. No-one had been fined by Border Force as of 26 June, while details of any police fines haven't been published yet.Passengers should drive their own car to their destination, where possible. If they don't provide an address, the government will arrange accommodation at the traveller's expense.Once at their destination they must not use public transport or taxis. They must not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors except for essential support.They are also not allowed to go out to buy food, or other essentials, where they can rely on others.

Yes; you have to stay indoors without leaving or interacting with anyone else for 14 days.