Ahai
Lv 5
Ahai asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How do you show children their behavior is unacceptable? ?

I have been told to show children that I must show them their behavior is unacceptable when they behave appalling towards me. But how do I do that? Yelling does not work... 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Raising your voice won't work because it will instill fear into them. The best way to get your point across is to talk with them like an adult. Explain to them how you feel when they do certain things. Don't accuse them, but simply say I feel this way when this happens. Or I feel upset when you don't help me around the house or whatever. 

If they are doing something inappropriate, explain to them why it is not good. Also, have them explain to you how they are feeling. Learn why they are doing such actions without asking them why. 

If you say why are you doing such actions?! they will feel attacked. 

Understand what they are feeling and try to be patient if they don't answer you right away. Don't expect them to answer the way you want them to either. 

My biggest suggestion is to try not to do this when you are upset. If you have to, try to go somewhere to cool off before talking with them. 

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Give them a long list of chores to do!

• 1 month ago

Are you the parent of the children, and how old are the children?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

>][,][<

That would really have to depend upon such

chrônô-age of this child + their own menťal abilîťy

ťôô but for older kid's grounding usually wôrk'ś.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

How old are you're children? .. sound like a spanking is needed?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

By talking to them violence won’t earn respect it earns fear it’s not love you need to sit down and ask them to explain why

• Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You explain to the child what consequences they will incur for bad behavior and actually follow through when they misbehave. If you stick to your word the child learns. If you yell and make empty threats the child learns nothing. It's not rocket science.

PS: I don't advocate physical threats.  

• 1 month ago

My dad would have a talk with me after I came to.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.