lllXVI asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Advice: Can't bring myself to eat after tragic event happened?

I feel like life will just go on if I eat. I don't want it to just go on. I haven't eaten anything since July 1st. I do drink some stuff due to stomach pain but I refuse to just let life go on after what happened.. How long will I survive like this? I'm currently at 18.6 bmi

The first piece of advice is seek help, you're suffering from depression. I know I've been there. In 2012 I lost my girlfriend, my daughter who wasn't even twenty one yet, had to pressure me into eating, after about three days. You're also going through one of the five stages of what happens when someone loses someone dear to them. After a little more than six months, I reached out to our daughter, and asked her only one short simple question. Is dad off his game? Her answer was yes, at that point I knew I needed help. Asking for help is the first step to recovery. Now whether you realize it or not, but what you're asking for, in an indirect manner is for advice, and where to turn. Talk to your doctor at the soonest possible moment, and they can hopefully get you pointed to the right place to get help.

Things are going to get better. You're going to feel better. Time heals. Try to eat. You can still do a lot of good in your life.I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years and was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time I felt hopeless and miserable but now I am very happy I decided to stay alive.

Source(s): .