What to do if someone scratches parked car.?

Hi guys I left on vacation for a couple days. My car was parked in my apartment parking lot and when I came back there was a long scratch stretching from the front drivers door to the back door, kind of looks like someone keyed it maybe?

There was also a large scrape on the driver side bumper. I’m really confused I parked in the lines facing a wall I really just don’t get how someone manages to get up that far and scrape it so much. I don’t know anyone in the complex and don’t have any enemies or anything like that so I’m guessing it was an accident? 

• car253

If you have comprehensive on your auto insurance put in a claim that someone keyed your car.   That is vandalism.  covered under comprehensive.

I'm guessing it could be anything.  You've seen the car, you know where it was parked, you can't figure this out.  I don't stand a chance at guessing the right answer.

Report the damage to your insurance company.

• Carmen

Pray it’s not a stalker a nutcase or a jealous whatever because anything is possible now a days people do t show natural affection anymore even with accident they have a me-me attitude especially if no camera is visible that’s the down fall of parking spaces and not a personal driveway. Be careful that sounds like someone purposely scratched your car from one end to the other as far as the bumper you can’t scrape it like you mentioned unless you to close can’t drive drunk or something. Be careful you can’t trust everyone even if you think you don’t have enemies. Either way seems like you might be stuck with fixing it or hope your insurance deductible not to high. Install a camera inside your car if needed. 

Well how would anyone here know what to do? Have you tried talking to neighbors or the apartment managers? Did you ask around about the damage? When you don't have any names or suspects, you can't really do anything except turn it in on your insurance and get it fixed. Happens all the time. 

• May

What to do?

Do nothing......or......do something. 

Jeez

You claim it on your insurance (even if it is liability)  They will say take it to a body shop of your choice...and getting 2 estimates(or something like that) Your insurance will look at the numbers and say go to this shop...or either.

. You may have to leave it there for a few days. So you are without a car. (I could do it) maybe they give you a car to borrow for that time.

. It was deliberate. Boredom and keys.

Not much you can do unless you have very low deductible insurance.

you could talk to the police about it

Call your insurance company.

• A.J.

It's not likely you will find who did it. Insurance coverage is called comprehensive. You may or may not have that coverage, and there is a deductible.

https://www.policygenius.com/auto-insurance/compre...