Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What would happen if I don't ask questions at all in a conversation? ?

I'm thinking about avoiding questions in a conversation because people think I ask strange questions out of the context being discussed and I don't know what they are talking about.

Sometimes when I'm thinking about a question I try to say a sentence instead. 

For example, if I want to say:"What is this?", I say "I don't know what this is" but it's not working because they recognize it's a question. 

I'm thinking about avoid questions in general. 

I do the same thing.  Not because i'm nosy or inquisitive but I feel that if there are two people in a room there should be a conversation between the two.  If you are asking questions out of context then maybe you should stay on point and talk about what others are saying.  Listen better.

• Not

Asking shows interest, statements does not. That's all.

• Carmen

It’s understandable why you don’t want to ask questions or hold a conversation. Have you looked into maybe getting some professional advice to make sure something medically not interfering with your ability to talk without getting it backwards so to speak. It might not be anything you’re doing on purpose that’s the problem but never stop asking questions because if you do t ask you don’t receive. 

Be the one making the statements and answering the questions..