I'm not big on convoluted conspiracy theories, but I know Trump supporters love them, so, what is your opinion of this one?
"Trump has a plan to stay in the White House if he loses election"
1) should Trump lose he will claim the vote was rigged and rely on a complicated gambit involving emergency powers and the compliance of Republican legislators to stay in the White House.
2) If Trump loses where Biden beats him by "decent but not overwhelming" margins in the swing states of Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, Trump will declare that the vote was rigged.
3) He will blame mail-in ballots and Chinese election interference for the loss and invoke emergency powers to launch a Justice Department investigation into alleged "election hacking" in the swing states.
4) Trump will stall until December 14, which is the date when states must appoint their US Electoral College electors. Because the swing states are each controlled by Republicans, the state legislatures will refuse to certify their electors until the election hacking investigation is finished.
5) Democrats will challenge the investigation and the challenge to the election, which will eventually be taken to the US Supreme Court. who will rule against the Republicans, but will concede that Trump's emergency powers authorize him to continue his investigation. SCOTUS will also maintain that should the swing states not be able to certify their selectors by 14 December - for any reason - then the Electoral College will have to meet and vote for the president without the swing states included.
it continues, and this is the good part!
6) the Electoral College will then meet without the swing states under investigation, and neither candidate will receive enough votes to secure the presidency. The contested election would then move to the House of Representatives, where each delegation gets to cast one vote towards the presidency.
7) Since there are more Republican controlled House delegations than Democratic controlled delegations - 26 GOP to 23 Dem - the GOP will be the victors of the vote and Trump will remain in office.
- Weasel McWeaselLv 71 month ago
I have zero doubts, that WHEN Trump loses.......he has ZERO intention of going peacefully , or gracefully..............and will B*tch and moan and complain, right up to his last moment.
Do you really him sitting there, defeated, at Biden is sworn in? Not a chance......he'll refuse to attend citing some BS reason and swearing it's a form of protest..........when the truth is..........his ego simply won't be able to handle it.........being beaten by Obama's VP.
- KiethLv 71 month ago
The Constitution says, when his term is over, it's over. There is no exception clause for crybabies or conspiracy theories. He could board up the oval office and surround himself with concertina wire or, for sake of this repeat question, surrounding himself with a force field and killer nanobots, it wouldn't matter. He loses all authority when the next President is sworn in.
- $ummertimeLv 71 month ago
I heard rumors to that affect long ago.
Or is it effect?
- KaleyKLv 71 month ago
This is an op-ed by Tim Wirth published in Newsweek. It's even crazier than Trump is. Wirth is delusional and merely pimping his story for revenue. If Trump loses the election, American Patriots will NOT allow him to stay in office.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- NinefingerLv 71 month ago
You write all that baloney that no one will read. What a waste of time.