If my significant other and I both have COVID and share a room do we risk re infecting each other? How do we go about self isolating?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You will both be immune to it once you recover.  You can't catch it a second time.  Some people were still shedding dead virus when tested and panicmongers are calling it reinfection but they aren't sick.  People who had SARS 17 years ago are testing as immune to Covid.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no and just stay home

• You don't have to self isolate from each other, since you live together and you have the same thing. But you should isolate from other people. 

I know some one who has had covid 19 twice, so you can re contract it. If one of you gets better before the other, then you should stay away from each other as much as possible. 

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The  2 of  you should self  isolate  together, I  know, as  you both  are positive  and  one  of  you probably  gave  it  to the  other. But  self isolate  to  protect  any  other people  that  you know.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You shouldnt. YOu should both have the same strain and should get antibodies, you both are OK together (esp since one of you probably gave it to the other)

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Check with doctors on that one.  Hopefully a temporary distancing is all that's needed.

• 1 month ago

Yes, anyone who has it risks infecting others. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, your bodies immune system will deal with it. Pointless self isolating , this is to stop other people getting it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.