Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 1 month ago

should i work here as a first job?

so i want to work at subway, because i want a job, and subway seems nice. im 14 and where i am i can work at that age. but im nervous.... im nervous because what if i mess up, or what if i dont understand something and no one is around! also 14 is still young and i feel kinda awkward being around 16+ year olds, well im a measly 14. but i really want to work. so idk.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 14 year olds can't work at Subway 

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They aren't going to leave a 14 year old alone in the store, so don't worry about that.  Everyone is nervous at the first job.  Mistakes happen, but they will train you and it's an assembly line, so it isn't all that difficult.

• 1 month ago

Sounds like you don't have enough self confidence to work anywhere.  No matter what you choose, you will make mistakes.  We all do, especially when we are first starting out.  Hopefully you can learn from them so you don't repeat them.  If you are up for that challenge, Subway may be the ideal place to get your first job.  Good Luck

• Rick
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Sure, why not?  Trust me, no one is going to leave you all alone in the store until you have enough experience under your belt.  It really doesn`t matter what job is your first job.  It only matters that you want to work and earn your own money.  Every job teaches you stuff you wouldn`t otherwise learn.  Go get `em!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised at how well you do. Good luck.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.