If people ( all races ) would comply and not resist police wouldn't this lessen "police abuse"?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not in the U.S.. Were cops are allowed to run wild on personal I Don't Likes & have a right to beat frame & murder at will.

• 1 month ago

Taken in the context of our already great Melting Pot nation's status as a representative democratic republic where it is we, the American people, who govern in an OF, BY, and FOR THE PEOPLE taxpayer-provided government, there is a built-in system of checks and balances which needs to be enforced. Each person has a right to due process as well as a presumption of innocence, both of which have been repeatedly denied by police officers when it comes to people of color.  

People are imperfect, Penny Lane, so we like to set up societal rules at local, state, and federal levels that promote a rational moderation type of society wherein we each have rights as long as our rights do not infringe upon the rights of others.  The police department's role has to be clearly defined within the context of our Constitution and the rational moderation form of law enforcement, ideally speaking. When individual police officers abuse power, they must not only be held accountable, but a national data base should be used that identifies those who do abuse their power---who routinely opt for an excessive use of deadly force when no such forces is needed.  If there is a national record kept on each taxpayer-funded police officer and police department for incidents of excessive force, especially as related to skin color, the involved officer(s) cannot simply move from one death-causing job to another within the law enforcement system.

• 1 month ago

Abolishing the police would not only lessen but bring police abuse down to 0%. 

• 1 month ago

As a hispanic (cuban) resident in the united states i have never experienced any bad treatment AT ALL from any law enforcement. But then again i always treated them with respect and refered to them as officer. I have gotten away from numerous tickets and possible even jail time for possesion of marijuana. The reason i think this happens with black americans is because (besides the racist part) they are much more defiant. They cuss them out and insult them and also most tend to resist an arrest or run away when chased. This makes their day a lot more stressful and as a human tend to let their anger out (an emotion we all experience). Now is it right to abuse someone or kill them? Obviously not i think police priority should be to arrest a person and control the situation. But is it wrong to undermine, resist, or insult and cuss out law enforcement? obviously yes. These are the guys that can potentially save your life. If u have the time go watch a movie called "Crash". A perfect illustration, peace.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The definition of police abuse is imposing a very serious punishment(eg death) for something so trivial like 1 $20 counterfeit bill.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

On a scale of one to ten, your story is a zero on the believability scale.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes it would make a difference but it’s not very PC

• Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Very few mention the fact that police officers are constantly on guard as they are being ambushed and killed almost daily in this country. Yes if everyone would respect others and obey our laws, the bad apples could be weeded out and replaced with responsible ones.  But the bottom line is, there are those who want to use this to overthrow our government and the last thing they want is harmonious law abiding citizens.  Much harder to get rid of law enforcement and our constitution. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.