Holo Holo asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What do you do for ANXIETY?


I drink and don't like it?

5 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    Please make an appointment with a licensed mental health professional to learn some coping strategies and/or stress management techniques, for instance.

    It's great that you don't like or prefer drinking as that's just to self-medicate, rather than dealing with the really issues and symptoms.

    This website should have some local counseling agencies:


    Their toll-free 24/7 ** referral ** hotline:

    1-800-662-HELP (4357).

  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

    I pray for a calm heart peace of mind and take deep breaths and try to remember I can’t control everything so put the rest in God hands .

  • 1 month ago

    You give up the drinking,then see your doctor.

    He can give you something for anxiety.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Change the train of thought.

    "Brain Fever" (old) is the matter of getting into a Rut, of thinking about the same problem, of which you have no control, repeatedly.

    Going in Circular thought helps nothing, nobody.


    Youtube thumbnail


  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Lots of people treat it with alcohol, but buzzed is no way to go through life.

    Cognitive behavior therapy, which desensitizes you to your triggers and teaches yo coping mechanisms, is excellent. It takes about 4 to 6 months of weekly meetings with a psychologist, and your concentrated efforts to do the exercises frequently in between meetings. (Think of it like taking piano lessons, and to improve, you need to practice.)

    It completely changed my daughter's life.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.