Anonymous

Is 33-34 too old to have a kid?

Serious response only 

Nope, but once you get over 40 it is more dangerous.  ADD, ADHD, and other imbalances are more likely in couples over 40.

• Alan H

Surely that depends on your relationship.

The age, in itself, is not too old: but the

Biological Clock is beginning to tick 

I don't think so anymore. I'm 26 and feel like I'm the only person in my academic year that is yet to have a child, however I am the only one who has been in the same career since leaving education, doing well and in a steady relationship however I don't feel the time is right for me as there is so much more I want to do first. Your choice is have children young and live your life properly when they've moved out, or have children later and have fun when you're young, and I don't think that's such a bad idea! Gives you chance to enjoy your younger years and have more money for when you have kids. 

A pregnancy isn't considered "geriatric" until 35+ so 33-34 isn't even considered that old in terms of ovum generation. Then clearly for a guy it's not even really an issue until he's 45+. 

No woman has babies in their 40s sometimes 50s. 

No, I had 2 children at 34 and 35.  Everything came out okay.  They are normal adults now.  One with a full time job the other has graduated college.  

The only downside I found was having children at that age was more difficult than when I was younger.  Running after toddlers is not an easy task.

No, of course not. I think the normal age for having your first baby has moved up to about 38.

Of course not. I know a woman who had her first baby at 38 and the last one five years later.

Obviously earlier is better, as the quality of your eggs begins to decline, but as long as you're fit and in good health, it's usually fine.

No.   Seriously.  

No.  I was 40 when I had a kid as a husband.