Anonymous

Is 33-34 too old to have a kid?

Serious response only 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Nope, but once you get over 40 it is more dangerous.  ADD, ADHD, and other imbalances are more likely in couples over 40.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Surely that depends on your relationship.

The age, in itself, is not too old: but the

Biological Clock is beginning to tick 

• 1 month ago

I don't think so anymore. I'm 26 and feel like I'm the only person in my academic year that is yet to have a child, however I am the only one who has been in the same career since leaving education, doing well and in a steady relationship however I don't feel the time is right for me as there is so much more I want to do first. Your choice is have children young and live your life properly when they've moved out, or have children later and have fun when you're young, and I don't think that's such a bad idea! Gives you chance to enjoy your younger years and have more money for when you have kids. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A pregnancy isn't considered "geriatric" until 35+ so 33-34 isn't even considered that old in terms of ovum generation. Then clearly for a guy it's not even really an issue until he's 45+. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No woman has babies in their 40s sometimes 50s. 

• 1 month ago

No, I had 2 children at 34 and 35.  Everything came out okay.  They are normal adults now.  One with a full time job the other has graduated college.  

The only downside I found was having children at that age was more difficult than when I was younger.  Running after toddlers is not an easy task.

• 1 month ago

No, of course not. I think the normal age for having your first baby has moved up to about 38.

• 1 month ago

Of course not. I know a woman who had her first baby at 38 and the last one five years later.

Obviously earlier is better, as the quality of your eggs begins to decline, but as long as you're fit and in good health, it's usually fine.

• 1 month ago

No.   Seriously.  

• 1 month ago

No.  I was 40 when I had a kid as a husband. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.