Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

If your Indian friend insisted that he believes that Tibet is part of his nation, not China, citing religious reasons what should you say?

I do not know his religious reasons, but Tibet has usually been not part of China, only when China occupied Tibet, which was against Tibetan and international law. Would you like it if China is an occupied country?

He is right as it was a separate nation until they got invaded by China and though they put up a token resistance China easily overran them and the Dali Lama had to flee 

History has shown that land "belongs" to whomsoever can take and hold it.

I would start by taking a huge crap in his mouth since he's too much of a puzzy to go fight for his country

Nothing religious, everything politics

Nothing.  In the late 1950s Tibet was up for grabs, but now its just like saying the American South is really part of the Confederacy. 

I would say Tibet is its own nation that is being held captive by China and that India has no valid claim on it either.

Nothing. They are expressing an opinion. At best you could ask them to explain why they feel that way. You might even learn something.

I have a ton of Indian friends, in India and scattered around the globe. None of them express that sentiment. 

Nothing.

People believe all sorts of nonsense, all of us do.

Let it go, tell yourself its a subject best left avoided and don't spend anymore time worrying about the beliefs of others that have nothing at all to do with you.