If an organised crime gang which sanctioned a murder tried to buy a premier football club would there be a public outcry against it ?

If Newcastle United are bought by The Arab royal family who have swept murder in an embassy under the carpet then football is being corrupted by their money

Where have you been the last god knows how many years? Football and the rest of sport has always been riddled with corruption. Just look at sep blatter awarding the World Cup to Qatar.

Point I’m trying to make is; MONEY TALKS. 

• Adam

We all deal with immoral companies on a daily basis. Hell i'm sure some of you are answering this using an iphone, whose manufacturer is the biggest employer of child labour on the planet and have got blood on their hands, yet people have no issue spending money on one.

The sad fact is, society shows time and time again, it's willing to overlook human rights abuses in other countries if it benefits them, so in this case, Newcastle fans will ignore it. As would fans of most clubs if their club was in the same boat.

No, there will be no outcry but you can't lay it solely on football's doorstep.

The Thatcher government did massive arms deals with them and ever since they have invested heavily in Britain in lots of different industries.

The twin issues of Human Rights and TV rights piracy are complicated but after this week's select committee meeting, the deal will go through.

Then I think we will see Football applying pressure on the Saudi's like they have never felt before(never underestimate the power of football) and maybe this is the best way to get them to change their ways.

btw I'm no fan of foreign owners(I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan 'Venkys' clueless)

I hope it goes through and it is a success Newcastle and their fans are long overdue some silverware.

• August

The gang that bought Wigan needs a closer look at. That stinks to high heaven and the FA have stood by and watched. I am sure they knew that they are registered in the Cayman Is

Didn't this already happen?

how would you know

The average football supporter does not have the intelligence to worry about things like that.