Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to be emotionally connected with people?

I dont feel attached or connected to anyone. I try my best but I just dont feel anything. I dont miss people and I dont care much which I think I should but the feeling is not there. I dont know how people do it, how do you do it?? Are connections and feelings of attachments that people portray actually fake because I never feel them or am I missing something?? And how do I be emotionally connected or attached with people? I have a lot of friends but I dont feel any connections, even with family members. Will I ever be able to have it? Is there a name for this? Does anyone have this problem? Please tell me?

You may have a neurological deformity of the amygdala which is a part of the brain that allows for emotional expression and feelings. Some people are born with small amygdalas which is a part of the limbic system. I would get a brain scan to see if this was the issue. Most people can feel connections and can feel other people's moods. I was wondering if you cry when watching a sad story on TV? If not, that would be more evidence for this theory about what's going on with you. 

Source(s): I have a PsyD in clinical psychology.