Atheists, is there anything you read/hear ‘gospel’? I.e do you consider the ideas of any person immune to mistake, even of political leaders?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Uh, no. I don't believe anything anyone tells me and only half of what I know. Are you confusing us with Christians?

• gillie
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No, every human is subject to error.  It's Trump cultists who think their leader cannot ever be wrong, and they're usually Christians.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes, there is one person: my wife, of course.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

2 things you can count on.

You gotta eat.  You will make mistakes, everybody does.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tangi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No, everybody can make mistakes. You, me, the people I disagree with, the people I agree with. Even someone who defends a good cause or who found out about something true can make a mistake.

Political leaders are the ones we must be particularly be careful about.

A mistake from someone with no power has less consequences than a mistake from someone with a lot of power.

• Do atheists read their atheism, which is a Red Riding Hood fairy tale?

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Nope. Everyone is fallible

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

No I do not worship the word of any entity, human beings included. No human is perfect but "sin" is unrelated to this. 

• 3 months ago

An atheist is a private individual who has come to his/her own conclusions about the non-existence of gods.  That suggests they have critical thinking skills they are not afraid to use. I am sure they would apply the same critical thinking skills when evaluating what they see or hear. No one knows everything. Consequently, anyone can be mistaken. People who critically evaluate information are probably less likely to be taken-in by the proclamations of politicians or anyone else ... but no one is perfect or has perfect perception/comprehension.

• 3 months ago

No, of course not. There are people I admire, but I try to avoid setting up anybody as a hero, as we are all human, and liable to disappoint.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.