How to overcome laziness and reluctance to learn?

• James

Get up early and drink plenty of strong filter coffee is the only way I know.

• Liz

THE CHALLENGE: Procrastination.

“If a task seems difficult, I’ll put it off. But then I’ll worry about the fact that I still have to do it. When I finally start on it, I have to rush, which stresses me out.”—Serena.

THE REMEDY: Get started—even if you don’t finish now.

“Do not loiter at your business,” advises the Bible. (Romans 12:11) Confronting a hard task is bad enough, so why add to the load by procrastinating? That just keeps it before you longer!

To create incentive, make a to-do list. Break down big tasks into manageable sizes. “I love lists,” says a young woman named Carol. “Usually I put the things I dislike the most first, and then as I check them off, it gets easier. Before you know it, you can move on to the things in your life that are more fun!”

Tip: If you struggle to get started on a task, set a timer for 10 or 15 minutes and begin working on it right away. When the alarm goes off, you’ll have 10 or 15 minutes of the job completed. Now that you’ve started, you might be surprised at how much easier it is to do more on the task.

Source(s): jw.org
  • amy

try using a daily list. Write out list of what you have to do that day and cross them off as you go its a pretty easy simple task. If the list looks to big and daunting dot each thing across rather then just straight down. You forget? Use yellow click notes like on your fridge or bathroom mirror what you use daily and gauranteed to see.