Should I replace my shower curtain liner every few months or just wash it?? ?

I’ve washed the shower curtain liner once before and used baking soda but it came out with this chalky residue on it and I just ended up replacing it with a new one. Debating if I should just keep buying new liners every few months or do people normally wash it regularly? 

• A

If it is a cloth liner I wash i every month or so, if plastic, I replace

yes you can wash it. Put it with a small load of towels and the towels will actually "scrub" the liner....no need for any special soap or additive. just don;'t use too much.  I have been washing them for years and years.

• Jerry

For at least 20 years I tried different types of shower curtains and liners, some of them pretty costly, looking for something I could easily clean. And I never found anything that cleaned up well. So now I buy super inexpensive shower curtain liners in a 3 pack and switch to a new one every 6-10 weeks. I give the old shower curtains to my handyman who always needs drop cloths, protective plastic sheeting. 

• drip

I wash the liner in the washing machine.  Then hang to dry. Works out fine.

Or always use cheap liners and replace often, 

Wash with a cup of bleach.  It will look brand new after.

• audrey

You can buy one for about $3 at Wal-Mart. I just replace mine. But since I'm poor and cheap, I just use it as a shower curtain by itself!