Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Why are some Christian Fundamentalist race-based nationalists though Christianity is not compatible with such nationalism?

Because Christianity (or any other religion or persuasion) doesn't prevent people from being angry or afraid.  It's supposed to, but it doesn't stop people from hating other people.

- There is a significant amount of White Nationalists who reject Christianity, actually. Including myself. Have you ever heard of The Creativity Movement, or Folkish Pagans?

- Anyway, I know that Christianity is a religion that promotes racial equality, and also of jewish origin, which is why I strongly reject it.

- Although, there are some altered versions of Christianity, for White Nationalists, such as Positive Christianity, and Christian Identity. But, I prefer a Secular version of Racialism.

Many people these days make up their own definitions of "Christian". The Bible defines Christian as being Christ-like.

Ephesians 4:15 — We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.

Romans 8:29 — For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

2 Peter 1:8 — The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I've read two disturbing studies this week that found that 20-40% of those today that identify as Christians DONT BELIEVE IN GOD OF THE BIBLE. 

Many groups hide behind Christianity in order to mislead from their true natures.

Matthew 7:15-21 — “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves. You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire. Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions. “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

Claiming to be Christian these days can mean most anything to many...and nothing at all to some others.

What for a confusing question.  Christianity is universal. Whether Jew or Greek, slave or free, we are all one in Christ Jesus. Amen. We believe in one holy catholic (universal) and apostolic church.