Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Would you consider Michael Jackson classic rock?

And if not then what?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • dman63
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not by a long shot. Micheal Jackson was a pop artist.

• 1 month ago

No he sang pop music... he was known as the king of pop...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

NO, not at all.  His music is R&B/Pop.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He is not a rocker, but a pop artist. He says he is the king of pop. He is basically a vocalist, not known for having a terrific drummer, bassist or lead guitarist in his backup band. Rockers emphasize music, not just vocals. Many rockers play instruments but Jackson just dances on stage. For example, John Lennon and Bruce Springsteen play the harmonica and guitar, and Rod Stewart can play the mandolin.  Rockers do not like to be labeled pop, but Jackson likes it. Tom Petty for example got into a scuffle because some other artist called him pop.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Absolutely not.  I recognise the Jackson Five as the germ that ultimately killed MoTown.  Try as I have, I simply can't abide this guy's material.  There are only a few songs I can listen to from start to end.  There's precious little rock among it.   

• 1 month ago

Pop, Soul, Funk, Rhythm and Blues, Rock, Disco, Post-Disco, Dance-Pop, and New Jack Swing according to his online page, which I have to agree with. I don't agree his music had anything to do with Classic Rock. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, early Michael Jackson, including when he was with the Jackson Five, is classic Motown because he and they were signed to Motown Records during the classic Motown period. In the '80s though, Michael Jackson transitioned to pop, even being dubbed The King of Pop, an honorific that remains his and his alone.

• He touched a lot of people in his lifetime, especially children but no I wouldn't describe what he did as Classic Rock.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.