How to get over burn out at work without taking time off?

I'm extremely burnt out at work. I love my job, but it's gotten to the point where I dread going and the weekend doesn't help thoes feelings anymore. 

It's been very hetic & we're short staffed. 

It would be unfair to my coworkers for me to take time off right now, they need me. 

Anyone have tips/tricks? I desperately need some help. 

• Favourite answer

Talk to your boss. If you get vacation time or payed time off, see if they will let you have a day off. Some times having weekends off isn't enough, specially when you're busy at work. I'm sure they could survive with out you for a day, they did before you came along. Take breaks when you can and get some rest in between your work days. Try to remind your self what you like about your job. 

If you love your job, you shouldn't dread going to work. I love my job too, I don't dread going to work, I want to be there. We're short staffed too at my work place as some people are on emergency stay at home orders. I'm trying not to to take too much time off, but I do take a day here and there. You can't work all the time. 

• Nicey8

When you knock off work, try to destress and disconnect from work.

Think of happy things off work, and maintain a positive attitude during work.

Millions of Americans are out of job and you still have a job. it is something to be thankful about.

so it is a change of perspective.

if it does not help, see a therapist or go the park for a short while.

Just wait until you have worked longer. Most people eventually grow up.  

"They need you"? No, they don't. You're delusional. If you dropped dead tomorrow, they'd go on with barely a hiccough. If you need time off, take it.