Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

If you were a woman walking alone in a park with other walkers passing by, and a. Creepy man 60 plus smiled at you as he passed, danger?

Do you ignore and quickly walk on as he may be a danger?

Or smile and walk on?

Knowing that he may interpret your smile as being “interested”

Better to ignore creepy guy?

You are plain and over 35

You are not a pretty 25 year old..

Was he creepy or?

I'd worry a lot more about a younger guy. Once he's in his 60's I'm pretty sure I can outrun him. 

• L

Just keep walking and NO EYE CONTACT with anyone.

theres other people around so i would not be scared

I did that once - over 50 years ago and still remember it vividly. This guy was standing outside at the back of my employment and smiled at me - and I had a go at him thinking how creepy he was. As it turned out, he was just waiting for his wife who also worked there. Yep, still feel stupid. Good to be 'careful' - but don't get paranoid. Other people were around so you weren't in danger. Just smile back and keep walking.

Youre creepy for worrying if people are sexually attracted to you when you don’t even care about your self to be attractive. 

Smile and keep walking.  You cannot possibly know what may or may not be interpreted and you can choose to live your life through fear.  You could also consider the alternative, with less fear and more openness.  Cautious yes, but look at why you assume this man has an ulterior motive.  Where is the underlying basis for your thinking?

Maybe he's just being nice.

Why is it that some women refuse to simply be friendly if a guy is friendly, just for the sake of being friendly?  Anything wrong with simply being a nice person?

he couldve just been friendly

Any woman walking alone in a park is asking for it.

He is laughing as you are ugly..