how to get my drivers license fast?

so i’m going to be 18 in a month, and i was wondering what the fastest way to get my drivers license would be? 

I turn 18 at the end of July, and i don’t have my permit yet either!! 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

When you're 18 or over, in most states you won't need a "permit" in order to obtain a driver's license.

The "fastest" way for someone 18 and older to obtain a driver's license is to go down to a DMV testing site, pay the application fee, and take the vision exam and the Written Test. Takes a hour or so. If you pass the vision exam and the Written Test, then you'll make an appointment to take the Road Test in a few days. If you pass the Road Test, you'll be issued a non-restricted driver's license. 

• May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

So, there are no "fast" ways.  So, You have to do what we all have to do.  So Follow the process that your DMV has laid out. So.

The "SO" generation....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you're not SPECIAL. So you are going to have to go through all the hoops and loops to get it the same like everyone else did.  The ones that were fast learners got it fast.  Slow learner may NEVER GET IT.  You CAN go down to DMV & get a Driver's Training Manual that you read from cover to cover and remember everything in it. There will be a written test. Pass that, then you get a Learner's License Permit, which permits you to operate a car so long as a person who has a valid Driver's License rides shotgun. EVERYTIME.  Then once you is full of practice, you go in for the practical road test with the EXAMINER.  It is all written in the Training manual...just read it and learn it.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The fastest way would be to follow all of the instructions given to you by the location you live in. If you need help with that, ask your mommy or daddy

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Presuming the legal driving age is 16 in your mystery location, what have you been doing for the past two years?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That would depend upon the licensing laws wherever you live.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.