Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Can we please shift questions in the global warming category back to being about global warming?

This forum has taken a very ugly turn. People should not be asking/answering questions with multiple accounts or anonymously, and they definitely shouldn't be lying about others (on either side) and calling them "pedophiles". Personally, I am reporting all such questions--even when they're about the troll on the "other side." Just because one person does it doesn't justify others doing it. Grow up people.

"Anonymous" says: "You and your sock puppets are guilty of this".

Nope.  For one thing, I have no sock puppets--I have only this single account and I don't ask/answer anonymously because I stand behind what I say. That's the same reason I don't block. I never use vulgar language in here and I certainly don't accuse anyone of being a pedophile, no matter how reprehensible their conduct is in here.

• Al P

Happy Dependence Day America. Nature has always forced scientists to depend on each other as they labor to work toward the truth. Currently, all sane folks need to work together and follow scientific protocols in order to successfully mitigate global warming and wage scientific war on things like corona virus. I hope Trumptown devotees join us, but I fear, many of them are intent on drinking the Kool Aid.

You asked an interesting question regarding the thermal wind and hurricane formation.  We can't deal with such questions until Yahoo Answers stops propagating chaos which means relevant content enforcement AND no Q&A deletions -  the old system was working until they sided with the forces of chaos and greenbacks.

Anyway, take care of each other, and happy 4th :)

You are up set because all the bad ideas and dumb questions are lumped together?

Yes.

I come here sometimes only to report misplaced questions.

Right wingers are determined to destroy this section

Help stop the corruption. Report

I think the problem is that the small number of trolls who seem determined to ruin this section for everyone else weren't breastfed as babies.

Just drink more beer 🍺 and it will all be ok

STFU you dumbass

The troll loves this question as it's about him, he will wear this as a badge of honour, this section is toast till it goes away. The biggest disappointment is the old regular skeptics who refused to stand up to him, I guess they've given up arguing the impossible and conceded defeat.

• Sam

This section (Yahooglobal warming) should've never existed to begin with.  This issue is pure politics.

Yahoo Answers is supposed to be about getting answers to every day questions.  Religion was supposed to be questions about someone's personal faith, etc, but instead it turned into idiots mocking religious people.

The politics section has nothing to do with "answers" either, but that's Yahoo bread and butter.

No one is going to have a question about this section anyway.  If they did, they wouldn't come here.  Or they'd go to the homework section. 

Basically, this section is politics.  Yahoo made is a category because they're liberal.  So, this place turned into a mini-politcs section.  So the people promoting "warming" got what they deserved.

I feel the same but this question isn't helping.  Yahoo won't do anything about the reason why this category is effectively dead.  You know that and so does everyone else who feels the same.  The only thing that would work is complete radio silence to let this tortured soul burn themselves out in a massive extinction tantrum.  Unfortunately unsuspecting souls can't be prevented from wandering in which only re-sets the extinction clock and so does the goading and people just can't seem to help themselves on that front.  It would be best for yahoo to close this section entirely for a good 18 months if you really wanted a solution, though it's not fair in a teacher taking the ball away kind of a way.  I just wanted to say that I am genuinely saddened about what's happened.  I remember when there used to be vigourous debate here and "the other side" were not fringe lunatics.  I still disagreed much more often than not but it was genyunely interesting to see how others interpretted data and to see  what could be common ground.

They should delete the whole section and just move the questions to the fantasy fiction section.