Why is it that Linux administrators are so much smarter than Windows administrators?

Because Microsoft is like General Motors. They are just worried about getting the product out there and making it look half way decent

• Sean K

Linux admins are experts in both worlds, not just one.

ThHey have to be. Their OS is a piece of ****.

And OpenVMS Admins are better than either, because they have the best of both worlds at their fingertips.

I actually said that for "reductio ad absurdam" because the truth is, the smartest admin is the one who successfully keeps his/her machine running with the highest reliability factor.  Not Window, not UNIX or LINUX, not OpenVMS, not any other O/S - it's person who does the best job at maintaining availability.

They are not.  But being "Open source" the public inputs the ideas the Linux programmers put in as part of the programming.  So, "the ideas of the people" is what makes Linux seem smarter.  I noted that while using the word processing program off Linux and I found I left the caps key down for multiple lines. Linux had an easy fix. 3 button click and it was fixed.

. MSWord meant I had to type it over again and then delete the Capital Words Line for line(which is slow and tedious) especially if it is pages of it.(which often happens)

That is just one aspect. If Linux was as mouse dependent as MS is, then it would be a piece of cake.Remembering certain keys is so DOS-like.

They both are not "there yet"

Integration from one system to another would also be good(however that means the viruses come too)

Most Linux users are self entitled wannabe mac owners with a 'chip' on their shoulder,and they look down on anyone that isn't a worthy convert to gate keeping the one true OS.

Is it so? In what way?

Linus Administrators inhale helium so they can be better understood at meetings. 

Because Linux is so much harder to use, Linux admins have to be smarter!

They are not. They are about the same, only Linux Admins' egos cause them to feel they are smarter.