Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Why are conspiracy theorists so embarrassed by the label?

With other labels, whether it's Democrat, Republican, vegetarian, Broncos fan, whatever -- people say it loud and proud. Yet for some reason people who are clearly conspiracy theorists shy away from it. 

Do you think deep down they do kind of know they are paranoid nut jobs, but are just in denial about it? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 days ago

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

republicans are cowards

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month ago

The same could be said about the label "alarmist."  Most of them object to being called that.  Conspiracy theorists think their entire world view is built around vast conspiracies--they're all more or less like General Jack D. Ripper in Dr. Strangelove, railing against people stealing their precious bodily fluids.

• 1 month ago

I doubt they are, as it’s not them with the gullibility issue. I expect they feel more embarrassed for the person saying it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Dunno.

You must ask Hillary Clinton. After all SHE came up with the "vast right wing conspiracy" THEORY to explain all the interest in her husbands crimes against the country.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dirac
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The same could be said about the label "denier", most of them object to being called that, also. Dr. William Gray at least proudly called himself that. I think with many conspiracy theorists their entire world view is built around vast conspiracies--they're all more or less like General Jack D. Ripper in Dr. Strangelove, railing against people stealing their precious bodily fluids.

• 1 month ago

Alarmists are so emotional that they really don't care.  So you can call them a marxist, communist or whatever.  They don't care and even take it as a compliment.

Btw, there is no such thing as a "conspiracy theorist."  That's like saying table theorist or apple theorist.

• 1 month ago

I don't think the Congressional democrats are embarrassed about all of their ludicrous conspiracy allegations against the President.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.