Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Had a detached thumb nail due to injury. Will a new grown nail still stick to the nail bed or no? I still want it to attach to its old place?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No problem. I've gone through the same sort of injury.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your thumb nail will eventually grow completely back in its original location, but it can take several months for it to completely do so.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nails grow back normally.   If the whole nail is gone, you have to be careful not to re-injure it, watch for infection, pus, swelling etc.......You cannot  re-attach a thumb nail, that has been detached.  I do hope you have been to a Doctor, to get proper medical care, and how to take care of your thumb. It can become infected, and Gangrene can set in.....

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

over time it will

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Actually depends on the exact damage that was done. I have had multiple nails ripped/fall off here and there. All have grown back, though not all in the same manner. But I do know some, my dad being the first, where the nail never grew back normal, attached normally and such. As he got older, it became much more troublesome and started to cause pain too.

• 1 month ago

Yes, but it takes a long time to regrow it.   I lost my big toenail and it took an entire year to grow all the way back in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.