Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What would you do if you saw a stray hurt dog?

Generally call animal control or the RSPCA to come get them and keep an eye on it from a distance so I don't risk spooking the dog into running away in a panic or risk myself getting bit because we're both strangers to one another and when injured, scared, or stressed a bite from the animal is a high possibility.

I would check for any danger first obviously, for example if the dog had a cut that was bleeding, I'd look to see if there was anything present which had caused it e.g. broken glass.

After that, I would see if there was any sign of the dog's owner about, like if the dog had a collar on with identification of some kind, like a barrel or a name tag.

I would then take the dog to a vet straight away for help. For example, I would get them to scan the dog to see if they had a micro chip, and see if I could find the owner from that. If I couldn't, then I would contact the dog warden for help, and try to get the dog into a no-kill re homing center such as the dogs trust.

• J M

I would try to capture it, look for the owner, or take it to a vet. 

I would take the dog to the vet and see if I could find the dog a home because right now it's not ideal for me to get a new pet, but if needed I would keep the dog.

I would take it to the nearest vet and then I would adopt him.

I have done that very thing, I was driving real early in the morning and I saw what I thought was a pile of debri and when it moved I was aghast and pulled over, it was a tiny Chihuahua that had been hit by a car, I scooped it up and wrapped it in a horse blanket and took it to the Humane Society and they took him in. I cried most of the day.

I keep a "come along" in my car.  I walk my dog and carry a "come along."  I would secure the dog and call either the Police or Animal Control.

I would have no way of knowing if the dog was a stray.

I'd see if I could catch it & call Animal Control or take it to a Vet.  Then I'd start looking for its owner.

I live in a very remote mountainous area. And stray injured dog would be simply shot either by myself or someone else living up here.

.

Animal control isn't going to come out here and the police won't unless the animal attacks someone. We are our own animal control.

I'd take it in and care for it and try to find the owner.  If I couldn't find the owner I would probably adopt it.  I love all dogs.  My current dog would probably get jealous but she'd get over it.