Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 month ago

Does PlentyOfFish delete inactive accounts?

So last week an old schoolmate told me she saw me on PlentyOfFish, but I'm not actually on it, I've had a girlfriend for 8 years and we're still very much together so I have no reason to be on a site like that so that old schoolmate showed me the profile it's obviously a fake account, However I tried contacting POF to have it removed claiming it's fake but the profile has a pic of me and full-on bio and they said unless I could provide current email address for the registered account there was nothing they could do, I haven't gotten any emails on my own email address from them so I'm thinking it's best to see if the account gets deleted because of inactivity but does POF do that?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think you need to respond to them and explain they have made a mistake.  You can't have email access to an account you don't own.  You can tell them this is a stolen Identity and that you are considering legal action should they not comply.  It's a bit harsh, but you do want to impress on them the fact that this is important. You didn't lose access to the account, someone has stolen your Identity. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.