Plant pot designing business?

I am 16 years old and have always had a love for plant pots since I have many plants. I was thinking of starting to sell plant pots that I have painted and designed myself but I have never done anything like this before and am worried that it won't work. Any tips before starting and also any design and name ideas? Anything would be a great help! Thank you! :)

• denise

Some names, maybe??

'Potting Pretty'.

'Picture Pots'.

'Cosy Cups'.

'Rosy Roots'.

• drip

First figure out your costs and time.

Succulent plants are still trending, and they can take a small pot and need little soil. Make up there or four of them.  After you have the hang of the first two , time yourself for the second two.

Outside pots will need a coat of protection. 

What was the total cost of materials for each plant. 

How long did it take you to make one.  

How much do you want to making an hour?  

Add those up and then see if they sell for that price. 

I think they may sell at smaller Local craft fairs. In my area neighborhood garage sales are huge.  You could set up a table and sell them right at your home.  Unfortunately I don’t think those are happening now with the restrictions 

You might want to look on You Tube for videos on making pots. You will also need to determine what paints will hold up best and if you want the pots to be for indoor or outdoor use. 

.

You might also consider just buying some clay pots and try experimenting with different paints and designs. If you come up with some you are really proud of then go to a local plant nursery or flower store and see if they might be interested in taking them consignment or buying them out right. By testing the waters you can get some idea if you efforts will be profitable.