Anonymous

Moving to Winchester Virginia?

My husband got offered a job in Virginia and while I was doing research some people said that there are racist vibes there and being an interracial minority couple I'm afraid like we would face racism.And I don't really want to move from where I am. People have said that Texans are racist but we didn't experience that there but what if it's true for Virginia?  I don't want to drag my family across there and be miserable or afraid but my husband really wants this opportunity. I don't want to be the bad guy and make him turn down the offer but I feel safe and comfortable where I am and we have family close to us. We have no one in Winchester. 

• kswck2

Winchester, Virginia is the Most northern part of Virginia. Is there Racism there? There is Racism Everywhere. But not a bunch of guys running around in white sheets. 

Instead of being paranoid, why don't you call their local Chamber of Commerce and Learn about the town and its surroundings. See what's there, see if any important Civil War battles took place there, See what They Pride themselves on? 

Oh, and check out the Loudon Street Mall.