Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Can I eat whatever I want after a colonoscopy?

Like my regular daily diet? Or do I have ti continue with the clear liquids.

That's a question to cover with your doctor.  Most people can resume their normal diet. They certainly don't need to be on clear liquids.  Some people can have a bit of residual diarrhea from the "clean out" procedure, so eating a mild or light diet for the day of the procedures isn't a bad idea. As others have noted, may people eat a large and heavy meal as soon as they can and have no problems. 

Your doctor should review this with you.  It is important that your bowel is functioning  correctly (passing gas and having bowel movements). 

• .

Yes, you can return to your "usual" diet unless your doctor tells you otherwise. I stopped for a burger and cocktail lunch after mine, because I was starving. LOL!

• Tavy

You can , I did. The clear liquids are to clear the bowel Before the procedure. Eat what you like.

I had cake and coffee an hour after.

• mokrie

You can eat ANYTHING you want after. 

For the rest of that day and the day after, you'll be advised to drink lots of fluid and to eat soft, easily digestible foods that won't irritate your colon.

• Dj2541

As  long  as  you  are  passing  wind  and  your  bowel  is  back  to  normal  yes  go  back  to  your  usual  diet. The  clear  fluids  is  just  so that during the  colonoscopy  they  can  have a clear  view  of  your  bowel.