I have 245 45 18 tires/rim I was wondering if 225 45 18 would fit on my rim? ?

• Dan

Will likely fit but be a tiny bit lower and will have less ultimate grip in dry conditions.

Yes, it will fit. The tread will only be 20mm narrower. I hope you're buying 4 of them.

• Barry

We can't say. Only a tire shop can tell you. However it's not wise to fit narrower tires as you will lose grip in cornering. Especially in bad weather.

Yes, this is an acceptable swap. However your speedometer will be off around 1 mph, and your fuel mileage will suffer slightly. You will also have less rubber on the road which will effect braking and handling. My advice is to stick with the OEM size the engineers determined was the best size for your vehicle. 

Impossible to say without knowing the width of the rim, all you provided was the current tire size.

No.  Rim is oversized for the 225 tire.